Germany suggests high-performance automobiles and technological innovations. It is hardly surprising that Germany is the formative nurturing ground for world-class engineers.
But what enables Germany to raise a strong engineering workforce for tomorrow? The answer is – a thorough understanding of engineering principles, refined industrial expertise, technological advancements, forward-looking education principles and highly rewarding prospects.
Here are some of the reasons why you should encourage your child to apply to colleges and universities in Germany:
- Low or no tuition fees: Most engineering schools, universities, and colleges (especially in the public sector) offer top-class engineering education at low or no cost for all international students. Universities like the Leuphana University of Lüneburg, Hochschule Darmstadt, Uni Freiburg charge only an annual administration fee (averagely between 100-200 EUR). The cost covers student services, bus tickets, student cafeterias, etc.
- Numerous scholarship opportunities: Most industries, research organisations, and corporations provide scholarship opportunities for international students. These scholarships either cover the tuition fee or a part of the monthly expenses incurred on accommodation and study materials. DAAD, Heinrich Böll Foundation Scholarships and Deutschlandstipendium are the top scholarship providers.
- Imbibed expertise due to the Industrial Revolution: Germany played a critical role in the Industrial Revolution, which changed the face of engineering and technology globally. Cutting-edge designs, skilled craftsmanship, and advanced industrial processes that astonished the world, all originated in Germany. Today, Germany is home to luxurious car manufacturers and have also given the world some of the most progressive products. Germany is the hub for development in comprehensive engineering, natural sciences, as well as industrial technology. The popularity of its engineering techniques is evident from the 2019 Best Countries global survey. According to this survey, the majority of people prefer automobiles made in Germany than from any other country.
- Hands-on training and practical experience: German universities foster strategic partnerships with multinational corporations like General Electric and BMW. This allows students to apply their engineering skills to solve real-world problems. Universities also collaborate with globally renowned research centres, like the Max Planck Society and the Fraunhofer Society, for engineering projects.
- Remarkable prospects: Driven primarily by the manufacturing industry, Germany is always in a dearth of engineers. So, German engineers are valued and in-demand in Germany, as well as internationally. According to a 2019 survey conducted by The Mechanical Engineering Industry Association (VDMA), 54% of the German companies expect the requirement for engineers to continue to rise until at least 2024.
- Low cost-of-living: Cost-of-living in Germany is lower than most countries in Europe, such as Sweden, Denmark, Norway, as well as the United States. Additionally, with the availability of part-time jobs, it becomes easier for international students to fund their expenses.
- High standard of living: Some German cities like Berlin and Munich are ranked as best cities to live, in the world. Germany offers great work opportunities and a balanced work-life environment. It is also a very safe country. Even during the pandemic, international students got complete support through extended scholarships, advanced online courses. Further, the environmental quality, roads, infrastructure is unparalleled.
German technological prowess is irrefutable. So, if your child dreams of learning from and working for the best, choose Germany to help them empower their vision and achieve their goals. And trust Western Union to be the magical reckoning force behind your child’s bright future, with its dependable, and 24*7 outbound money transfers. With Western Union, no dream is ever impossible!