Did you know you can deposit money directly to a bank account in the Dominican Republic from a Western Union® agent location? Sending directly to a bank account in person from a Western Union agent location in the United States is one of the best ways for loved ones to receive their money. You can send money directly to banks such as Vimenca and Banreservas.
We’re here to help provide you with the information needed to easily deposit money directly to a bank account right from where you are.
Send money directly to bank accounts in the Dominican Republic with a few simple steps:
1. Check out the list of banks you can transfer to in the Dominican Republic.
Western Union provides customers sending to the Dominican Republic full coverage. Deposits can be sent throughout the national territory, as the entire payout network in the Dominican Republic are allowed to receive the deposits directly in bank accounts.
|Banks in El Salvador|
|SANTA CRUZ||APAP||MOTOR CREDITO||BONANZA|
2. Before you head to a nearby agent location, be prepared with your receiver’s banking information.
Receiver information needed to transfer money to a bank account:
- First and last name – exactly the way it appears on your receiver’s state issued ID.
- Bank name
- Account number
- Account type. (savings account, checking account, etc.)
- Customer National ID (cedula). a) Consists of 11 numerical digits.
- Phone Number.
Note: Make sure that the details being provided are accurate to avoid delays.
3. Plan ahead! Check local banking hours to make sure your money gets deposited at the time you want it to be.
How fast will the money get deposited into my receiver’s bank account?
When sending money to a bank account in Dominican Republic, the deposit can take anywhere from in real time2 to the next 48 hours banking day.
Keep in mind that local banks may have deposit cut-off times during the week or could be closed over the weekends and holidays. These are factors that may delay funds being deposited into your receiver’s bank account.
Deposits can be made Monday to Friday between 7 A.M to 11 P.M central time only, including holidays. Make sure to look up cut-off times to ensure your receiver’s money gets to them on time.
In what currency will the money be deposited?
Dominican Peso (DOP) and US dollars (USD).
3. Head into an agent location nearby!
Easily send a money transfer to your recipient’s bank account from one of over 57,0001 convenient Western Union® agent locations in the U.S. Start sending money to a bank account today!
1Agent location count from Q4 2021.
2Real time transfers are available when sending to Banco Vimenca only.